Reading, Agreeing and Keeping a Copy.These terms are legally binding.
In these terms and conditions (Terms), we, us and our means RBC Ventures Inc., a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of RBC and you and your means the person who uses a Device to access the Services through the website (Website). These Terms govern your access and use of the Website and the Services.
Please see the definitions section at the end of these Terms for any other capitalized terms not otherwise defined.
- Read and agree to the Terms. You must read and agree to these Terms, which are a legally binding contract between you and us, before you can use the Website and access the Services.By continuing, you confirm (i) that you are the age of majority in the place where you live and (ii) that you have read and agree to these Terms. These Terms take effect on that date that you agree on-screen. You cannot use the Website or access the Services unless you have read and agreed to these Terms.
- Keep a copy of the Terms. You can print or save these Terms using the print or save function in your browser. We will email you a copy of or provide a link to these Terms at the email address you provided when signing up for the Services.
- No changes to other agreements. Unless expressly provided otherwise herein, these Terms do not replace any other agreement you may have with us or any RBC companies (now or in the future), including any consent or preference regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. All of the terms of your other agreements with us or any other RBC companies continue to apply.
Services.What is the Service and how does it work?
Under these Terms, the Services means the features, functionality, content and information provided by us via the Website and include any services that may be provided by Service Providers and Third Parties.
The Services currently available through the Website include
Some of the Services may be provided in whole or in part by Service Providers and Third Parties. The Services are currently available in English only, despite any language settings on your Device.
The Services and the Website may not be accessible at all times. In addition, functionality, features, content or information may change, and may not always be available.
- Subscription Service. A subscription-based software platform to incorporate companies, gather electronic signatures and manage ongoing corporate needs, such as minute book maintenance, equity management, changes to corporate information, changes to corporate structure and generation of documents.
No Legal Advice.We are not your lawyers.
We are not a law firm, and we do not provide any legal or other professional advice or opinions through the Website or as part of the Services. The Services and the Website, and any information or content they contain, are provided solely for informational purposes. You are advised to seek legal or other professional advice by contacting a lawyer, accountant or other relevant professional. Your use of or access to the Website and the Services does not create a lawyer-client or other relationship of trust.
Privacy.Information we collect and how we use it.
Collecting your personal information
We will collect information from and about you such as:
We may obtain this information from a variety of sources, including from you, from participants in our affiliate or partner program who refer you to us, from service arrangements you make with or through us, from registries, from references you provide to us and from other sources, as is necessary for the provision of the Services.
Using your personal information
The information we obtain from and about you may be used from time to time for the following purposes:
- information establishing your identity (for example name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc.); and
- information for the provision of the Services.
For these purposes, we may make the information we obtain from and about you available to employees, agents, independent contractors, Service Providers and participants in our affiliate or partner program, who are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. In the event a Service Provider is located outside of Canada, the Service Provider is bound by, and the information may be disclosed in accordance with, the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Service Provider is located.
We may also use the information we obtain from and about you and share it with RBC companies (i) to manage our risks and operations and those of RBC companies; (ii) to comply with valid requests for information about you from regulators, government agencies, public bodies or other entities who have a right to issue such requests; and (iii) to let RBC companies know your choices under "Other optional uses of your personal information" for the sole purpose of honouring your choices.
Other optional uses of your personal information
- to create your profile on the Website and provide you with the Services;
- to determine your eligibility for products and services;
- to help us better understand the current and future needs of our users;
- to help us better manage our business and your relationship with us; and
- as required or permitted by law.
We and RBC companies may communicate with you through various channels, including telephone, email or mail, using the contact information you have provided to us.
You may choose not to have your information shared or used for the "Other optional uses of your personal information" described above by contacting us as set out below and we will respect your choice. We may share your choice with RBC companies for the sole purpose of honouring your choice
Your right to access your personal information
You may obtain access to the personal information we hold about you at any time and review its content and accuracy, and have it amended as appropriate; however, access may be restricted as permitted or required by applicable laws. To request access to such information, to ask questions about our privacy policies or to request that the information not be used for any or all of the purposes outlined in "Other optional uses of your personal information" you may do so now or at any time in the future by contacting us at 1-647-957-9555.
Our privacy policies
You may obtain more information about RBC privacy policies by visiting https://www.rbc.com/privacysecurity.
- We may use the information we obtain from and about you to promote our products and services, and promote products and services of Third Parties we select, which may be of interest to you.
- We may also, where not prohibited by applicable laws, share the information we obtain from and about you with RBC companies for the purpose of referring you to them or promoting to you products and services of such RBC companies which may be of interest to you. You acknowledge that as a result of such sharing, RBC companies may advise us of the products or services they provide to you.
- If you also deal with any RBC companies, we may, where not prohibited by applicable laws, consolidate the information you provide to us with information RBC companies have about you to allow us and RBC companies to manage our respective relationships with you.
Communication.How will we contact each other?
You can find our contact information at https://www.ownr.co/company/about. We will contact you and provide notices using information you provide through the Website. Except as provided below in the "Notices and Changes" section of these Terms, email is our primary method of communication. When we use email, we will send you electronic correspondence, including notifications, to the email address you provide to us through the Website. It is your responsibility to keep your email address up to date. You understand that if you do not keep your email address up to date, we may not be able to complete the signup process or otherwise contact you.
If you do not wish to be presented with promotional content: (i) via email, please change your communication preferences on the Website; or (ii) via the Website, please request to have your profile deleted by contacting us by going to https://www.ownr.co/company/about. Changes to your communication preferences for promotional content will not change how we communicate with you for non-promotional content related to the Services.
Termination.How can you or we end these Terms?
Termination by us. Without prior notice and for any reason, we can suspend or terminate your use of the Website and access to the Services, and/or terminate part or all of these Terms for the following reasons: (i) any actual or intended violation of these Terms, including without limitation your failure to pay any fees owing; and (ii) any unlawful or inappropriate behavior, as determined by us, including without limitation unlawful or inappropriate use of the Website and the Services. We may also suspend or terminate your access to the Website and the Services, and/or terminate part or all of these Terms for convenience upon 15 days prior notice to you. We will not be responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may result from such suspension or termination for any loss or inconvenience that may result from such suspension or termination.
Termination by you. To terminate your use of the Website and access to the Services and these Terms, you can contact us at the contact information provided in the "Communication" section of these Terms.
Notice and Changes.How will we tell you about any changes?
Notice. Any notice may be given to you through the Website or pursuant to the "Communication" section of these Terms.
Changes. We can change (add, remove or alter) any part or feature of the Services, without giving you notice. Following any such change, these Terms will continue to apply to all or parts of the Services. Subject to legal and regulatory requirements, we can also change these Terms by giving you notice of the change to the email address you provided when signing up for the Services, either before or after the changes take effect. When giving you such notice we will also provide you with a copy of or a link to the updated Terms. If you use the Website or access the Services after we have notified you of a change, you are deemed to have reviewed and accepted the new version of these Terms.
Instructions and Security.You are responsible for your choices made when you are signed in and for the security of your information.
You will be required to provide Sign-In Credentials to access the Services. You authorize us to accept and you agree to be responsible for any instruction given by you or purported to be given by you using your Sign-In Credentials. Any instruction will have the same legal effect as if it was a written instruction and signed by you.
You are responsible for keeping your Sign-In Credentials confidential, and you must not disclose them to anyone. We will not be responsible for any losses that may result if you share or lose your Sign-In Credentials. When using the Website and accessing the Services, you agree that you will take all steps necessary to ensure that you do not reveal any confidential information to anyone other than us. This includes making sure that other people cannot see your Device screen.
You must also:
- Sign out after each session to prevent anyone else from accessing the Website and the Services. If you do not sign out of the Website, you will remain signed into the Website for 20 minutes or until you log out, if that is before 20 minutes;
- Not leave your Device unattended while signed in to the Website and you must use reasonable steps and precautions to protect your Device against loss or theft;
- Use reasonable security measures which include up-to-date virus scanning software and a firewall system, if such security measures are available for your Device; and
- Comply with any additional security requirements that we may require in connection with the Services.
Refer a Friend.How to refer family and friends to Ownr.
These terms and conditions apply to your participation in the Ownr Refer a Friend Program (RAF Program) as an individual making a referral (Referrer) or as a friend or family member of a Referrer who has been referred (Referee). By participating in the RAF Program you are agreeing to these terms. We may change these terms and conditions or discontinue the RAF Program at any time, without notice to you. "You" and "Your" means a Referrer or Referee. "We", "our", "us" and "Ownr" means RBC Ventures Inc. "Referral Reward" means any incentive that one or both of the Referrer and Referee receive in connection with a qualified referral.
You must be of the age of majority in the province or territory where you reside. You cannot participate in the RAF Program where void by applicable law or regulation.
You agree to the following:
Referrers are eligible to earn a $50 credit applied directly to their Ownr account (which may be used for any future purchase, including subscription renewals, from Ownr) for each Referee who purchases the Online Minute Book plan or Managed Corporation Plan on Ownr using the Referrer's unique referral code. Referrers may only receive a Referral Reward for qualified Referees who complete all required steps. Only one Referral Reward can be earned for each qualified Referee. You cannot refer a Referee multiple times and earn multiple rewards from that same referral. You must not spam unknown third party email addresses to benefit from a Referral Reward.
Referees who complete all required steps to participate in the RAF Program will be eligible to receive up to $50 off their initial purchase on Ownr, excluding government fees. This Referral Reward cannot exceed the cost of the initial purchase and any unused portion will be forfeited.
We reserve the right to withhold, deny, deduct, cancel or limit a Referral Reward or disqualify a Referrer or Referee from the RAF Program if we determine in our sole discretion that there has been an error, fraud, or other violation of the RAF Program terms and conditions.
- To provide us with applicable valid contact information (i.e. email address) to participate in the RAF Program and receive any applicable Referral Reward.
- Referrer will limit referrals to persons with whom Referrer has a Family Relationship or Personal Relationship:
- "Family Relationship" means the individuals are related through a marriage, common-law partnership or any legal parent-child relationship and those individuals have had direct, voluntary, two-way communication.
- "Personal Relationship" means the individuals have had direct, voluntary, two-way communications and it would be reasonable to conclude that they have a personal relationship, taking into consideration any relevant factors such as the sharing of interests, experiences, opinions and information evidenced in the communications, the frequency of communication, the length of time since the parties communicated or whether the parties have met in person.
- Referrers will only use legal means to submit a referral. Spam, unsolicited email, electronic harvesting of email addresses, or any form of unlawful means of communication is prohibited, and will be grounds for termination of participation in the RAF Program. Fraudulent or unethical means of communication such as using bots, fictitious identities, fake emails, or scripts are prohibited.
- To not make any false or misleading representations related to the RAF Program or related Ownr products or services.
- To not include any Ownr logo or otherwise represent themselves as Ownr when participating in the RAF Program.
- The Referrer can choose to deliver the unique referral code via email using functionality on the Ownr website or the Referrer can choose to share the unique referral code via their own channels (email, text message, social media app). Please note: the Referrer may edit/personalize the message, but (i) must not edit the unique referral code, and (ii) must disclose that a Referral Reward will be received by the Referrer if the Referee completes an eligible purchase.
Service Providers and Third Parties.Other entities help us provide the Services or offer Third Party Services.
We may use Service Providers and Third Parties to provide or to assist us in providing the Services or Third Party Services, and other than RBC companies, we do not sponsor or endorse any Third Party and we are not affiliated or associated with any Service Provider or Third Party.
When using the Website and accessing the Services.
Service Providers retain all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in Service Provider Services and to their trademarks and logos that appear on the Website and in the Services. Nothing in these Terms, the Website or the Services should be interpreted as conferring any right for you: (i) to use Service Provider Services in any way other than as expressly permitted in these Terms; or (ii) to use any Service Provider trademarks or logos.
You agree that we, Third Parties and Service Providers may use information and content you provide through the Website and the Services to create use and distribute statistical, profiling, performance or operational reports about the Website and the Services. These reports may be shared with Third Parties, in which case, the information in the reports will not be attributable to you.
- You may use Service Provider Services solely for your own personal use;
- You may not sell, distribute or otherwise use Service Provider Services or other information from the Website or the Services, and you may not permit such distribution or use by anyone else; and
- You may not provide or make available any Service Provider Services to any provider of products or services similar to those products and services provided by the Service Providers.
Referral Fees.We may receive fees when we refer you to Third Parties.
A Third Party may pay us, or we may receive from a Third Party, directly or indirectly, a referral fee when we refer you to the Third Party and you elect to purchase or obtain products or services from the Third Party. The amount of any referral fee paid or received for referrals will not affect the fees paid or payable, if any, by you to us or to the Third Party.
Compliance and Prohibitions.Appropriate use of the Website.
Your use of the Website and access to the Services must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
When using the Website and accessing the Services, you will not:
- Provide untrue, inaccurate or incomplete information;
- Use the Website or access the Services for any illegal, fraudulent, malicious, harassing or defamatory activity or purpose;
- Use any robot, spider or other indexing device when using the Website or accessing the Services;
- Use any part of the Services to provide internet, service bureau, outsourcing or third-party services or redistribute all or any part of the Services;
- Take steps or actions that could or do undermine the security, integrity, effectiveness, goodwill or connectivity of the Website or the Services (including illegal, fraudulent, malicious, defamatory or other activities that threaten to harm or cause harm to any other person); or
- Reverse engineer or reverse compile the source code for the Website or any of the service technology.
Ownership.You can use it, but you can't keep it.
We grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single-user (non-concurrent) license to use the Website, in accordance with these Terms. At any time, and at our sole discretion, we may limit, restrict, suspend, declare a moratorium on, or terminate your ability to access the Website, or any of the Services, or both; and with notice to you, we may end the terms relating to the Website, including the Services. If these Terms are terminated, you will destroy all copies of the Website and all copies of any documentation for the Website then in your possession. The grant of this license may not be assigned by you unless agreed upon in writing by us.
We retain at all times all ownership rights, including without limitation, copyright, in the Website. You agree not to copy, reproduce, transfer copies or reverse engineer the Website and not to disclose or distribute the Website to Third Parties. We have no obligation to provide any training, maintenance, or other assistance for the Website.
RBC or RBC Ventures Inc. are the owners, or licensees, of all intellectual property rights subsisting on each screen made available through the Website. Unless otherwise indicated, trademarks and logos, and all works, including texts, images, illustrations, software, HTML codes, audio clips and videos appearing on the Services are the property of RBC or RBC Ventures Inc., or those of our licensors, and without our express written permission, may not be reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or modified, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, except for personal and non-commercial use, including viewing, printing or archiving of electronic copies of your Website activities, in accordance with these Terms and as we may further instruct you. Nothing in these Terms or on the Website is to be interpreted as conferring a right to use our works, trademarks or logos in any other way, or those of any RBC companies or Service Providers.
No Representations or Warranties.The Website and the Services are provided "as is".
We are providing you with the Website and the Services on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we do not make any representations or provide any warranties concerning them. Without limiting the foregoing, we expressly disclaim all warranties in connection with the Website and in connection with the Services, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Liabilities and Indemnities.Read this carefully—it limits your right to sue us.
You are solely responsible for all information or content that you give us through the Website, the Services and the Third Party Services.
We and RBC companies will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm, injury, delay or inconvenience suffered or incurred by you with respect to: (i) these Terms, the Website, the Services or the Third Party Services, (ii) any instruction given to, by or purported to be given by you, using Sign-In Credentials, in connection with the Services or Third Party Services; or (iii) any products or services you obtain or purchase from us or from a Third Party to whom we refer you, or otherwise. Such losses, damages, injuries, delays and inconveniences include, without limitation, (i) direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, (ii) loss of data, profits, information, opportunity, revenues and goodwill, and (iii) any other business interruption, commercial or economic losses. The foregoing limitation of liability applies regardless of the cause of action, even if we or a RBC company have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In addition, in no event, even if we are negligent or any RBC company is negligent, will we or any RBC company be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you that is caused by any one or more of:
You release and indemnify us for any claim, cost and liability incurred: (i) as a result of your use of the Website any of the Services and Third Party Services; or (ii) as a result of your breach of these Terms.
- The actions of, or any failure to act by a Third Party or Service Provider (and no such Third Party will be considered to be acting as our agent);
- Mistakes, errors, omissions, inaccuracies or other inadequacies of, or contained in the Services or Third Party Services or any data given by you to us, any RBC company or any Third Party or Service Provider, including your failure to update;
- Any delay, error, interruption or failure by us, any RBC company or any Third Party or Service Provider to perform or fulfill any of our obligations to you due to any cause beyond our control or their control, any system malfunctions or any technical failures;
- Unsecured communication being inaccurate, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others, or not received by you;
- Your access to the Services or Third Party Services, including, without limitation, any delay or inability to access the Services or Third Party Services;
- Your failure to receive or view any communication that has been presented to you, and we will not be responsible, and no such RBC company will be responsible, for any delay, damage or inconvenience that such failure may cause; or
- Your failure to fulfill any of your obligations under these Terms, including those in the "Security" section of these Terms, or to comply with any instructions we may provide to you from time to time in connection with the Website and the Services.
On-Screen Terms.Terms shown on-screen form part of these Terms.
There may be terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers related to the Services, Third Party Services, or Offers displayed on the screens in the Website, or when you click on icons or links on the Website screens. By using any of the Services or any Offers, you must access and agree that the terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers apply to your use of or access to the applicable Services, Third Party Services, or Offers, in addition to the terms and conditions of any other applicable agreements.
Records.Electronic records = paper records.
Our records, including electronic records, including those of any Service Providers (whether used by them or us), regarding the Website or the Services, including the retrieval, consolidation, organization and presentment of information, are final and conclusive. These records will be admissible in any legal, administrative or other proceedings. Furthermore, electronic data and records will be admissible as conclusive evidence of the contents of those records in the same manner as original paper documents. You waive any right to object to the introduction of any such electronic data or records into evidence.
Electronic Agreement.Clicking = signing with a pen on paper.
These Terms and any related terms, conditions, instructions, disclaimers or documents may be accepted in electronic form and your acceptance is binding between you and us. Neither you nor we will contest the validity or enforceability of these Terms and any related documents because they were accepted or signed in electronic form.
Assignment and Severability.Contract law stuff.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provisions of these Terms does not mean we have waived any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us, nor trade practice modifies any provision of these Terms. We may assign or transfer these Terms on notice to you. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or any of the obligations or rights under these Terms to any other person.
We have the right at all times to assign any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to an RBC company. The Services may then be delivered by the RBC company to whom we assign these Terms.
Language.We will talk to each other in English.
You and we have expressly requested that these Terms and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language.
Governing Law.What law applies?
These Terms are entered into and governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You and we agree that the Ontario courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over each of us for the determination of any matters arising out of these Terms.
Defined Terms.What does everything mean?
- Device means any mobile device, computer or other device you use to access the Website and the Services.
- Offers means any offers, rate discounts or promotions of a Third Party presented by us as part of the Services.
- RBC means Royal Bank of Canada.
- RBC companies or RBC company means RBC, its direct and indirect subsidiaries and their successors and assigns. While we are a RBC company, in these Terms, a reference to RBC companies or RBC company will not include us.
- Services means the Services as defined by the "Services" section of these Terms.
- Service Provider means a party retained by us to act on our behalf to provide, or to assist us in providing, the Website and the Services.
- Service Provider Services means content and information contained in the Services provided by any Service Provider.
- Sign-In Credentials means usernames, passwords, personal verification questions or other information required to access the Website and the Services.
- Terms means these terms and conditions.
- Third Party means any party other than you, us or a party when acting as a Service Provider.
- Third Party Services means any products or services provided by a Third Party that can be used or accessed on or through the Website or a Third Party that we refer you to for other products and services.