Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Ownr team. You'll join a scaling team, designing the next evolution of our platform as we move to provide extensive new capabilities to business owners, and work alongside a close-knit group of ambitious engineers, product managers, and designers.
What will you do?
- Lead the design and delivery of a significant portion of the software that supports the business, and for monitoring and maintaining that software in production.
- Collaborate and organize cross functional partners to turn ambiguity into a practical technical reality.
- Work with modern tooling throughout, whether that's something currently part of our stack, or something new that you assess needs to be added to reliably deliver the desired user experience.
- Create intuitive, robust and reusable applications using modern frameworks.
- Be responsible for finding opportunities to iteratively improve our technology, paying down technical debt as a habit.
- You embrace an owner's mindset: continually striving to make an impact; investing time, energy, and capital as if they were your own; and understanding that no part of the business is outside the scope of your position.
- You're a creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome focused.
- You're passionate about mentoring and coaching other engineers, and have a practiced ability to spot when help is needed and tactfully provide guidance to get things unstuck.
- You behave proactively when confronted with unforeseen challenges and complexity in your projects. Your team members can clearly understand the state of your work, your delivery plans, and your ideas for improving the business' software, technology processes, and team culture.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience organizing development teams, mentoring junior developers, and working with non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git + Github) and modern software delivery techniques and tools, including pull requests.
- Experience with DevOps best practices and some knowledge in setting up and configuring cloud computing infrastructure.
- Experience building production systems, with an understanding of the deployment, monitoring, and security best practices required to run production software.
Nice to have
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer or design related program.
At Ownr, we have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. We're on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada, and it takes an entire team to build something big. So join our team and discover how we can help entrepreneurs make their dreams a reality.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. The results are products and services that solve problems and make lives better. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.