Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are looking for a talented engineer and passionate team player to join the Ownr team as a Software Engineer. You'll join a scaling team, designing the next evolution of our platform as we move to provide extensive new capabilities to business owners and work alongside a close-knit group of ambitious engineers, product managers, and designers.
What will you do?
- Work with a team of skilled developers creating a rapidly evolving consumer-facing platform.
- Look for opportunities to disrupt from within and continually expand what is possible through technology.
- Work within a cross functional team aimed at delivering high valued solutions.
- Code, test and implement full stack solutions to meet business needs.
- Create intuitive, robust and reusable user interfaces using modern frameworks.
- Maintain code quality and best practices across the stack.
- You believe all customer experiences should be simple and effective.
- A creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome-focused.
- A team player, technical mentor, keen to coach others and share ideas with your team.
- An exceptional communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language.
- You keep up to date on web and mobile development trends and understand how it applies to our customers’ needs.
- You understand web/application security and the importance of data privacy.
What will you need to succeed?
- You’ve got your favorite JS frameworks but are still comfortable with vanilla code.
- You’ve used or at least understand the merits of Typescript.
- Experience with, or a desire to learn, a GraphQL-based stack.
- Experience with React and modern state management
- An understanding of APIs and high-level knowledge of microservice patterns.
- Good understanding of data structures and experience with both relational and non-relational Databases.
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git + Github) and modern software delivery techniques and tools, including pull requests.
- Some exposure to DevOps best practices and cloud computing
Nice to Have
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer or design-related program.
- Experience with AWS, continuous integration tools, and automated testing.
At Ownr, we have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. We're on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada, and it takes an entire team to build something big. So join our team and discover how we can help entrepreneurs make their dreams a reality.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. The results are products and services that solve problems and make lives better. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.