Location: Toronto, Ontario
What is the opportunity?
RBC Ventures is a new kind of organization – one that marries the strength of one of the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people’s lives. We are building a world class team focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships that add value to how people live and work. In 2020, RBC Ventures was named to Fast Company’s Top 100 Workplaces for Innovators. Ownr is an RBC Ventures company and we’re on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada. As an all-in-one legal platform, we help thousands of entrepreneurs each month start and grow their businesses.
About the role
Along with business formation, Ownr provides a package of services that sets businesses up for success. One of those services is business banking through RBC, which will help keep finances neat and organized. To that end, Ownr entrepreneurs can create RBC business deposit accounts (BDAs) within the Ownr product platform by leveraging RBC banking tools. You will be processing the creation of these accounts online, end-to-end. As part of the Online BDA (OBDA) creation process, you will be communicating with RBC branch staff to facilitate an in-branch or phone appointment that will finalize the account. If any technical issues or system outages arise, you will be sending clients into the branch in a professional manner.
You’ll have regular 1:1’s with your manager which focus on performance, coaching and development. You’ll also be a part of a newly formed sales team and have a voice in the future of our sales and banking program as we grow. If you’re thinking about this role, it means you’re a creative, organized, and driven individual who is motivated by a passion to help entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This is a 1 year fixed term position. The length of the term may be extended based on future circumstances of the business.
What will you do?
- Leverage Ownr’s product platform and RBC banking tools to create business deposit accounts online
- Connect with branch staff to facilitate ID verification in-branch or virtually to complete the creation of the BDA
- Connect with Ownr entrepreneurs via phone and/or email to help them identify solutions for any scheduling conflicts or any technical issues
- Track and report on sales and conversion metrics
- Identify potential issues and communicate it back to the appropriate team to reduce impact to user experience
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to identify, implement and test product updates that increase conversion rates within the Ownr product
What do you need to succeed?
- Proficient computer skills
- The ability to successfully work in a self-directed manner and strong time management skills to manage workload
- An excitement to propose new things, iterate on execution, and develop tests that showcase the results, good or bad
- The ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and effective manner while working with sensitive client information
Nice to have
- Sales/data entry experience in a startup environment and/or fast-paced growing organization
- Knowledge of business processes and organizational structures
- Willingness to learn about legal concepts and other issues affecting business owners in Canada
- Experience using Intercom or similar customer-engagement software
- Experience with SaaS and subscription based business models
- Interest in technology and building innovative online solutions
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, and we work together to help our users thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other and believe that achieving success is a goal shared across the organization.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
At Ownr, we have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. We're on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada, and it takes an entire team to build something big. So join our team and discover how we can help entrepreneurs make their dreams a reality.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. The results are products and services that solve problems and make lives better. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.