Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are looking for a talented and passionate team-player to join the Ownr family as a Senior Product Designer. You'll be playing a big part in building the next evolution of our platform as we move to provide extensive new capabilities to business owners, working alongside a close-knit group of fun and ambitious designers, marketers and engineers. The ideal candidate is collaborative, pushes design boundaries and can marry design to business and technical innovation.
What will you do?
- Independently produce, deliver and validate high-quality end-to-end designs, with a focus on ideating short to medium-term design strategies and features with your product team
- Manage design requirements and prioritization together with your product and engineering partners
- Support and mentor junior designers through day-to-day design challenges
- Drive a high-performing product design skillset and the ability to leverage design thinking practices to build UI/ UX flows that balance strategic business goals with the needs of users
- Understand the capabilities, strengths and limitations of a technology stack to best align design and development to optimize efficiency, performance and user value
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with core team members to introduce new product features and create a better user experience based on user feedback
- Lead usability-testing alongside other Product Design and UX Researchers
- Ensure adherence to Accessibility guidelines while keeping Inclusivity top-of-mind
Skills you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of experience working in digital on design teams
- Have built and launched at least one large feature and/or app that has gone from discovery through launch and optimization
- An exceptional eye for detail and passion for quality
- Experience designing Responsive Web platforms
- Experience with a wide range of design and Prototyping Tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, ProtoPie)
- Deep knowledge in 2-3 key areas: UX/Interaction Design, UI/Visual Design, Understanding Human Behaviour, Business and Product Strategy, Design Thinking, UX Copywriting, Accessibility and Inclusive Design, Strategic Thinking, Systems Thinking, UX Research, Analytics, Usability Testing, Prototyping, Storytelling, Information Design, Information Architecture, Design Systems, Growth Design
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial Design) or a related field or equivalent experience
- Portfolio / Case Studies with recent work samples
Nice to have
- Experience using various analytics platforms
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Knowledge and/or experience in rapid product development / agile process
- Experience creating marketing assets / illustrations
At Ownr, we have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. We're on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada, and it takes an entire team to build something big. So join our team and discover how we can help entrepreneurs make their dreams a reality.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. The results are products and services that solve problems and make lives better. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.