Customer Insights, Data & Analytics Product ManagerApply Now
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Launching and running a business can be daunting. But, at Ownr, we bring entrepreneurs closer to their dreams.
We have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. Our industry-leading tools, resources, and ongoing support make it as easy as possible for entrepreneurs to start and succeed.
Ownr is seeking a talented, experienced and passionate Product Manager focused on customer insights, Data & Analytics to join our growing team. In this role you will work across the business to support and manage the execution of data-related products and projects to help drive our customer understanding and cross-functional capabilities. We are looking for vocal futurists who have a passion for technology and are inspired by the idea of bringing to life product roadmaps that benefit hundreds of thousands of people at a key milestone in their lives.
What you will do
- Help set the product vision and strategy for data, analytics, and customer insights
- Own the translation of business requirements, you will execute to deliver solutions that expand our data and analytics capabilities across multiple portfolios.
- Design and conduct analyses using various techniques (developing frameworks, building dashboards, segmentation, modelling) to provide value for the stakeholders you support.
- Responsible for creating and managing quality data products, processes and services to ensure growth and achievement of our business goals.
- Understand our key drivers, customer use cases, and full user flow impact across all platforms.
- Create, manage, and maintain KPI's to monitor, analyze and improve conversion
- Lead the product planning and development process through backlog grooming, refinement, and prioritization activities
- Define and detail User Stories and prioritize team backlogs in accordance to our business drivers.
- Evaluate and document the requirements for each product feature, articulate these requirements, answer questions and make scope trade-off decisions as needed.
- Ensure optimal delivery by removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance and develop contingency plans to demonstrate adaptability while supporting continuous learning.
- Bridge technical, business and creative worlds, engaging with matrixed teams including development, UX/UI design, copy, legal, risk and compliance, creating a collaborative environment while maximizing on business return.
- Drive internal stakeholders and cross-functional business unit engagements necessary for an optimal on-time launch.
- Focus on backend functionality as well as user-facing features that make world-class user engaging platforms.
Skills you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an analytical function (e.g. Business Analytics, Consulting).
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a SaaS environment.
- Proven work experience in data product management (growth-stage company experience a plus) and working with agile teams and organizations.
- Experience translating business requirements to actionable software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of agile processes and principles, with the ability to provide direction to the agile team and stakeholders throughout.
- Extensive experience developing use cases, epics and stories in a clear and concise manner, enabling the engineering team to deliver maximum productivity and value
- Experience maintaining and prioritizing the backlog in accordance to business and technology drivers.
- Experience in the planning of product releases and setting expectations for delivery of new functionality.
- A Proven ability to make hard decisions in a fast-paced environment, while actively identifying and mitigating issues that have an impact on successful completion of goals.
- Ability to speak to business functions, customers and partners with confidence and professionalism.
- Commitment to winning as a team.
- An entrepreneurial & innovative spirit
Nice to have
- Experience with the development process, use of tools like GitHub
- Experience using analytics tools such as: SQL, Amplitude, and Metabase
At Ownr, we have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. We're on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada, and it takes an entire team to build something big. So join our team and discover how we can help entrepreneurs make their dreams a reality.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. The results are products and services that solve problems and make lives better. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.