Location: Toronto, Ontario
What is the opportunity?
Ownr helps aspiring business owners start their journey and pursue their dreams. RBC Ventures, a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, is geared towards incubating and growing technology-based startups and was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Workplaces in 2020!
Ownr is looking for a passionate, Senior SEO Manager to join our mission to further entrench Ownr as Canada’s leading legal platform for small business owners. As our SEO Manager, you’ll be responsible for enhancing and building out our overall SEO strategy, and taking Ownr to the forefront in a very competitive search-driven category. You’ll also work closely with the team to optimize our efforts to drive our brand, our reach, and our growth.
- Lead the Ownr website/blog and video SEO strategy, analysis,
execution and results
- Conduct keyword research and write SEO content briefs to guide the
content team and writers
- Review all content to make sure it adheres to the brief requirements
and meets Ownr’s quality standards
- Optimize on-page content including the website, landing pages, and
the Ownr blog
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building) and build
relationships with other companies, brands, and bloggers when it
comes to pitching contributed content
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings, and other SEO aspects
Stay on top of SEO and integrated marketing trends
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering SEO plans and strategies in fast paced businesses, preferably performing the functions of the Senior SEO Manager.
- Experience with relevant tools (e.g. Conductor, Screaming Frog, Semrush) and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Search Console, Amplitude)
- Proven experience designing and implementing a Youtube SEO strategy
- Experience working with multiple CMS (Wordpress, Webflow etc.) and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments
- Fundamental understanding of underlying product technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral presentation
- Experience working with developers, product managers and cross-functional teams
Ownr is changing the way businesses launch in Canada. We are a digital platform making it easier, faster, and more affordable to get started through our suite of services and offerings for new businesses. With the changing landscape of work, more and more new businesses are launching and side hustles are the norm. We are the place to launch and run a business in Canada.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, group benefits, RBC perks and an unparalleled opportunity to grow within the Ownr and RBC Ventures organizations. The successful candidate will have access to all the required resources necessary to excel in the role and the ability to become the functional expert for all things SEO within the RBC Ventures organization.
At Ownr, we have helped thousands of Canadians establish their businesses. As we redefine the entrepreneurship landscape, we take pride in simplifying what it takes to be a business owner. We're on a mission to become the leading platform for entrepreneurship in Canada, and it takes an entire team to build something big. So join our team and discover how we can help entrepreneurs make their dreams a reality.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. The results are products and services that solve problems and make lives better. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.